Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ok esssssssay 3.0

drivel


     I am not smart. I am not clever at all.but I like to think.a lot of people try to judge people on their intelligence, or lord their own knowledge over people.but some times those people are the dumbest people.  Because they can only see themselves. Egocentric. They have no empathy. Because they are smart and are told they are clever they see their view is right.  So they never think.

  My core is thinking. I try to have some level of empathy for everyone, and I think this has made me a better version of me.I used to get angry at people  lot, but now I just think about why they made me mad. small things, like kids who ask to many questions in class, they just make me mad because they are just wasting time. I can step back and see why I react the way I do has made me a happier person. I can let things go. I can make my self happy. i think this has made me more understanding of  people. i am more willing to listen to both sides of a story, to form my opinion on, small things like arguments, or big political  things. I listen to both and find the answer that best aligns with me, one or the other or  maybe a mix of both.

When I asked my grandmother "how do you think" she said she never thought about it. Something you live with everyday, the voice and images in your head, never speaking about themselves. I think mostly in words, when people talk to me I can picture the type scrolling like a stock clicker.But there is so much more to thoughts than words and pictures. That persons frame and pen are different than mine. Even if we seem the same we are so different.

Even if we think in pictures and words, people are so different, and no one will truly understand where you think. I will never know how  my father thinks. But I can try to know him, and learn why he reacts the way he does. Trying to  understand people, to see where they come from is important to me.
A form of solidarity. Not sympathy. Not pity.  I cannot know how you feel, but i try to see why you are the way you are. Thinking has made me a better version of me. I can step back and see why i react the way i do. I am less angry, less blind bias. I know myself, knowing how I am, I can make myself happy, but I also get more frustrated, when I fall through my own cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment