Monday, February 10, 2014

bell jar lid 10 min free write

i wore these like bangles up and down my arms my aunt would can ind i would play with the lids and jars
but this is only half
the disk is gone with the rubber seal impossible to pry up that is always the hard part for me, i can get this ring off but not he lid. so close
this one is shiny gold only a little rust on the sides. my aunt keeps hers for ever, taking back the jars and lids, after the jam and juice is gone.
i think bell jars say old. homey. maybe a little southern.you think the person who cans, makes pies and quilts and gardens and grows their own vegetables. a grandma kind of feeling........... warm sunny porch in the fall, smelling of pie and cider. kind of the American dream.
i dont know if this rim has been used.it has no scratches and it is shiny. a little halo maybe
buttery yellow gold  not an orange amber gold . it rings when you sit it down soft and kinda high , the sound ends fast it does not carry. lovely and perfect circle big enough to go over my hand, but scrapes my knuckles when i make a fist
bumpy grip on one side smooth cork screw on the other. lip on the top, tiny band about the size of my finger nail on my pinky.
my aunt makes zucchini jam. kinda weird, but it tastes like apricots so my mom loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment